Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Matt's comments on Guidelines

Since I find myself working on this today, here are some answers:

Eve L. Maler wrote:
> Looks great!  It's a model of clarity, the examples are extremely
> helpful, and I find it a relief to see such clear <context> syntax. :-)

But the formatting is a royal pain, I can't use Word and Matt doesn't
want to use OO, so I've converted the whole thing to XML and that's what
I'm now editing. Next version you see will be XHTML.

>  I have just a few comments:
>
> - General questions: Will the "shoulds" and "musts" here ultimately be
> turned into numbered Rn rules?  Is this document destined to be folded
> into the NDR document?

I believe the question was answered in the negative this past Wednesday.

> - General comment: There are a number of little stylistic and
> copyediting needs and the graphics could be normalized a bit.  E.g., the
> "Customization through other means" header (line 283) has some weird
> page breaking going on around it.  I might be able to help with this
> sometime next week, if desired.

I believe I've made the formatting issues moot ;)

As to the graphics, my copy of OpenOffice does not show them because I've
deleted them. However, every time I convert OO into Word, the graphics
reappear, like in some horror movie. With the conversion to XML, this
should not be a problem.

> - One-per-context (line 114): I'm sure this is treated below, but the
> rule is more subtle than expressed here, right?  It's not that
> particular slot (context driver) out of the eight can't be used again,
> but the value in that slot (the "context") must be more specific than
> the previous value supplied for that slot (if any) in the derivation chain.

You are absolutely right and this will change.

I have not looked at the rest yet, and may not get to it today. When I
do I'll send another note.

THanks, Eve!

--
Eduardo Gutentag               |         e-mail: eduardo.gutentag@Sun.COM
Web Technologies and Standards |         Phone:  +1 510 550 4616 x31442