Subject: RE: Semantic Containers

Hello Danny,

that's right. We can change this title into "Design level semantic containers". But we found a big lack of model groups (xsd:group) at our telephone conference on Wednesday. The big problem of model groups is that you can't do any restrictions and extension. But we need this kind of modifications
for our requirements. Should we extend the XML-schema features for it, or what do you think about it.

Kind regards,

	Gunther

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Vint [mailto:dvint@acord.org]
Sent: Mittwoch, 2. April 2003 19:09
To: Stuhec, Gunther
Subject: Semantic Containers

Just a suggestion, you might want to emphasize the "Design time" role of
these containers vs the run time usage of the containers that Arofan is
proposing.

For instance maybe changing the title of the proposal to "Design level
semantic containers" or adding a little more detail about this use in the
abstract would help get this point across quickly.

I get this aspect of use later in the document but it takes some work to
find it and understand what your are proposing and why it is different.
There are also bullets about the XML instance and XPath that I would not
think would need to be addressed if it was clear that the purpose was
different and for a different use than grouping the Items together in the
data stream.

..dan
Danny Vint
ACORD                         1 Blue Hill Plaza
                                 PO Box 1529
dvint@acord.org                 Pearl River, NY 10965
http://www.acord.org

Voice:510:522-4703