Subject: Supplementary Components in UBL

During the San Diego meeting, Gunther spoke with Garrette Minakawa who had sent a comment into the 0p70 Reivew team about the Supplementary components of the CCTs.  His comment was:

Supplementary Components:
UBL has elected to implement only a subset of the available Supplementary Components.  This does not violate CCTS guidelines but it may cause difficulties for other vocabularies that want to leverage a common base schema for Core Component Types.  I recommend that all available Supplementary Components be implemented as attributes in CoreComponentTypes.xsd.  UBL restrictions of these Supplementary Components can be implemented as Data Types or at the CC or BIE level.

Within this discussion, Gunther agreed to the following:

Garret and Gunther agreed that we're using all Supplementay Components for each Core Component Type. If a Supplementary Component will be not used in the UBL specific schema, it will be still defined but it will get the implicit attribute use="prohibited".

Now, we as the NDRSC need to come to an official decision.

I myself see no problem in using all of the Supplementary Components, I am not sure about making them "prohibitited".

I would like to see discussion take place, and within the time of the call I propose the following, which will be added to the NDR Main document under the Core Components Section:

Proposal:

UBL will use all of the CCTS listed Supplementary Components for each Core Component Type.  If a Supplementary Component will not be used in the UBL specific schema, it will be defined, but marked with the implicit attribute use="prohibited".

Lisa Seaburg
AEON LLC
Website: http://www.aeon-llc.com/
Email:  lseaburg@aeon-llc.com
Alternative Email: xcblgeek@yahoo.com
Phone: 662-562-7676
Cellphone: 662-501-7676

"Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk."