Subject: Context Methodology

Context Methodology
===================
We do need a sense of how an interested end-user intending to
use UBL can pick up the UBL schema set and customize, or
contextualize, them to their local environment.  This "environment"
may be an industry vertical if the end-user is a consortium or
standards organisation, a small business trying to work with an
existing or new MNC business partner, or even SME to SME.
I'll use "localise" below to mean any of these situations.

Several possible methods immediately come to mind.  One is to
have a "strictly-typed" approach, where we start with UBL schema,
derive a localised schema set with new namespaces for it, and
instantiate from that new localised schema set.  Another way is
a "loosely-typed" approach, where an instance is built from
UBL schema, then peppered with additional localised elements
that bear localised namespace to differentiate them from
UBL elements.

There're pros and cons for either way.  I won't make this
very long, but I thought if a methodology specification is
not going to be coming out of this F2F, then at least some
sort of agreeable direction can be set to prevent something
like a revisitation of local-global after a lot of work has
been put in.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML