Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] UBL NDR SC Minutes PM 28 April 2003

I should be clearer: I was assuming that all types would continue to be
global, and was proposing that a carefully selected set of elements
would be local instead of global.  Does that still sound interesting?  I
don't think we've ever seriously considered anonymous types...

	Eve

Chin Chee-Kai wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Eve L. Maler wrote:
>

>>>Hi folks-- I'm trying to keep up with all your progress (and failing),
>>>but look forward to calling in tomorrow.
>>>
>>>I note below that Gunther mentioned the problem with the many different
>>>IDs with different restrictions all needing to have a different element
>>>name with global.  As I proposed several weeks ago and in my Word
>>>comments on his local vs. global paper, perhaps a hybrid solution is the
>>>way to go: global in general, but local for selected leaf-node elements
>>>where this situation obtains.  Perhaps ID and Code are the only good
>>>candidates, or perhaps there are others.
>

> Yes, agree;  global type and local elements might be the way to go.
>
> The core stuff and heavily reused (as far as we can determine at
> this point) could be prime candidates for global types.
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Technologies and Standards               eve.maler @ sun.com