Subject: RE: [ubl-ndrsc] NDR SC Minutes May 21 2003

A comment on the minutes:

> 6.  Other Business:
> GS: What happens if we can't put the qualifiers into the XML
> tag names.
> IT is not possible to differentiate and build different structures in
> different schemas in the aggregations.
> MHC: THis is a question that should be added to the agenda next week.

I am not sure I understand this.  When did we decide to always not include qualifiers?

> GS: In London we decided that ObjectClassTerms cannot be used
> in the tag
> names. THat means that PartyAddress cannot be used it has to
> be Address. But
> you may have two different structures dependent on the
> ObjectClassTerm, so
> we cannot differentiate the aggregations in the schema.
> We can't modify the perl script to take account of the new
> rules until these
> issues are dealt with.

We did not say that object class terms cannot be used in the tag names.  We did say that the object class was inherited.  However we have also said that we would create one element for every type that has the same name as the type.  This will usually be the aggregates.  This means that our aggregate elements will have object classes, and our lower (leaf) level elements will not. Thoughts?

Mark