Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Fw: [ubl-lcsc] ccts Annotation Structure (fwd)

I completely concur with Tony and would add that we already have a decision of record on this and the decision is also supported by UN/Cefact.
Mark Crawford
Research Fellow - LMI XML Lead
W3C Advisory Committee, OASIS, RosettaNet Representative
Vice Chair - OASIS UBL TC & Chair Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee
Chair - UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working Group
Editor - UN/CEFACT Core Components
______
Logistics Management Institute
2000 Corporate Ridge, McLean, VA 22102-7805
(703) 917-7177   Fax (703) 917-7481
Wireless (703) 655-4810
mcrawford@lmi.org
http://www.lmi.org
"Opportunity is what you make of it"

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony B. Coates <abcoates@londonmarketsystems.com>
To: 'UBL-NDR' <ubl-ndrsc@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wed Jul 02 17:34:34 2003

** Reply to message from "Burcham, Bill" <Bill_Burcham@stercomm.com> on Wed, 2
Jul 2003 16:02:30 -0500

> I agree with Chee-Kai on this one, it is wrong to have A and A' schemas. I
> cannot represent Eduardo's viewpoint effectively, so I won't try.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by A and A' Schemas, but I assume you are
referring to the earlier discussion on whether it was appropriate to have two
versions of the same Schema - one with annotations and one without - and apply
the same namespace URI to both.  My personal answer would be 'yes' - as long as
both Schemas validate the same documents in the same way, I think it is
perfectly reasonable to provide full fat and low fat versions.  Although people
could process the full fat version themselves to remove the annotations, my
experience is that the majority would feel happier using an "approved" low fat
Schema.

	Cheers,
		Tony.
====
Anthony B. Coates
London Market Systems Limited
33 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2BR
http://www.londonmarketsystems.com/
mailto:abcoates@londonmarketsystems.com
Mobile/Cell: +44 (79) 0543 9026
[MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language), http://www.mddl.org/]
[FpML Arch WG Member (Financial Products Markup Language), http://www.fpml.org/]
This Email may contain confidential information and/or copyright material and is intended for the use of the addressee only.
Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this Email by mistake please advise the sender immediately by using the reply  facility in your e-mail software.
Email is not a secure method of communication and London Market Systems Limited cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this email for virus infection, for which London Market Systems Limited accepts no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please request a hard copy. Unless otherwise stated any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not represent those of London Market Systems Limited.

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl-ndrsc/members/leave_workgroup.php