Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Rule: 91

Actually, I believe naming does equate with being global.  A
topLevelComplexType requires its name attribute, and a localComplexType
prohibits its name attribute from being used.  Roughly the same is true
for simple types.  (See http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd )

So probably the rule could be shortened to:

[R 91]  All types MUST be named.

Explanatory text could then mention that the purpose is for reuse and
extension, and that the syntactic consequence of the rule is that the
types must all be declared as top-level.

	Eve

Chin Chee-Kai wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Dan Vint wrote:
>

>>>I would modify this rule to be:

> Naming does not equate with being global.
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Technologies and Standards               eve.maler @ sun.com