Subject: RE: [ubl-ndrsc] Rule: 91

I have heard this - from the London meeting right? I believe Eduardo is
still planning on writing up the results of that and coming up with the
"alternate implementation" which I don't think exists. Until we have a
documented way of doing extensions/restrictions that works, I don't think
you want to make any final determination on the use of redefine.

I'm still waiting for the notes on the final argument and solution. The one
I heard is that redefine doesn't create a new namespace, if that is the
only reason/problem, there is a workaround for it. Not very pretty but a
workaround. This area of extension/restriction is not very pretty/complete
to begin with and I thin that baby has been thrown out with the bath water
on this decision.

..dan