Subject: RE: [ubl-ndrsc] Rule: 5

I agree with Tony on all accounts; I prefer the original.

__
Mike Grimley

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony B. Coates [mailto:abcoates@londonmarketsystems.com]
Sent: Monday, 21 July 2003 16:06
To: UBL-NDR

** Reply to message from "Lisa-Aeon" <lseaburg@aeon-llc.com> on Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:29:04 -0500

I never previously saw the need for a "business" version of this rule.  I really couldn't see too many CEOs implementing this rule for themselves, so I thought the regular expression was just fine.  What I do not like about these rule options now is that they describe the characters [a-zA-Z] as the "letters".  This is only true for the English alphabet.  If you only want English letters, I think that should be mentioned explicitly, to avoid implicit cultural imperialism.  That said, I thought the regular expression was just fine as it was originally.

	Cheers,
		Tony

> 1.
> [R 5]  XML names must start with a letter (a to z or A to Z)
> optionally followed by any number of letters or digits (0 to 9, a to
> z, and A to Z). They may not  include periods, spaces, or other
> separators. As a regular expression this is represented as:
> [a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]*
>

> 2.
> [R 5]  XML names must start with a letter (a to z or A to Z)
> optionally followed by any number of letters or digits (0 to 9, a to
> z, and A to Z). Other characters not described here, such as
> punctuations, periods, spaces, or other separators MUST NOT appear in
> XML names. As a regular expression this is represented as:
> [a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]*
====
Anthony B. Coates
London Market Systems Limited
33 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2BR
http://www.londonmarketsystems.com/
mailto:abcoates@londonmarketsystems.com
Mobile/Cell: +44 (79) 0543 9026
[MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language), http://www.mddl.org/] [FpML Arch WG Member (Financial Products Markup Language), http://www.fpml.org/]
This Email may contain confidential information and/or copyright material and is intended for the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this Email by mistake please advise the sender immediately by using the reply  facility in your e-mail software. Email is not a secure method of communication and London Market Systems Limited cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this email for virus infection, for which London Market Systems Limited accepts no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please request a hard copy. Unless otherwise stated any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not represent those of London Market Systems Limited.

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl-ndrsc/members/leave_workgroup.php