Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] UBL NDRSC meeting

I can well understand the lack of phone participation given all
the problems we've had keeping the connections alive.

The problem is that if no one dials in, the connection times out
after about 30 minutes.  (Makes sense if you think about it.)

Thursday I will probably do something like dial in from my hotel
room and put the call on hold to try and work around this.  I
really would encourage you all to give it a shot -- we went to a
lot of trouble to get the phones here.

Remember, you have to ignore the prompt asking whether you are the
host and just hang in there.  After ten seconds, the system should
tell you that you are being added to the conference.  If it puts
you on hold waiting for the host instead, then the connection has
gone down because no one dialed in.  In that case, try again in a
few minutes.

We have to make phones work if we're going to get on top of the
travel problem.  Please help us get this right.

Jon

   Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:22:18 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Paul Thorpe <thorpe@oss.com>

   Dear all
   we your fellow NDR participants would welcome your participation on the
   calls this week. We are currently doing a review of our rules. Today we
   are working from Rule 19 onwards. The group will break from 11am EST to
   12:15EST and your participation either before or after this time would
   be appreciated.

   C'mon guys the donkey might die of neglect.

   Regards
   Mavis Cournane
   Co-chair NDR SC