Subject: RE: [ubl-ndrsc] NDR Checklist Clarification

That's right Tony.  It's a two-level model.  Include is used at the first
level (where needed) to compose the constituents of a namespace.  Import is
used to reference foreign namespaces.  See chapter 11 of the Modularity,
Namespace, and Versioning position paper, "Recommendation: Module Structure"
for the details
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/1384/draft-burcham-modnamv
er-08.zip

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony B. Coates [mailto:abcoates@londonmarketsystems.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 9:59 AM
To: Chin Chee-Kai; CRAWFORD, Mark
Cc: UBL NDRSC

** Reply to message from Chin Chee-Kai <cheekai@softml.net> on Sat, 20 Sep
2003 11:22:36 +0800 (SGT)

> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, CRAWFORD, Mark wrote:
>
> >>Oops, hit the return too soon.
> >>
> >>	R90:
> >>	-----------
> >>	A RootSchema in one UBL namespace that is dependant upon type
definitions
> >>	or element declarations defined in another namespace MUST NOT import

> >>	schema modules from that namespace.
> >>	-----------
> >>
> >>	What is this talking about??
> >>
> >>We may have missed the wording here, but my understanding
> >>is we were trying to preclude importing a schema module that
> >>imports a schema module (NOT allowed)
>
> Thanks for clarifying, Mark.
>
> I share your understanding and wording, and believe that
> the existing wordings in R90 MUST be removed.

My understanding was that this rule refers to the following situation:

* Root Schema A includes modules A1 and A2 (all in xmlns:a).
* Root Schema B includes modules B1 and B2 (all in xmlns:b, which is
different to xmlns:a).

The rule says:

* Root Schema A *may* import root Schema B, but *must not* import module B1
or module B2.
* Root Schema B *may* import root Schema A, but *must not* import module A1
or module A2.

That is to say, you are allowed to import a root Schema from a different
namespace, but you may not import a module from a different namespace.

	Cheers,
		Tony.
====
Anthony B. Coates
London Market Systems Limited
33 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2BR
http://www.londonmarketsystems.com/
mailto:abcoates@londonmarketsystems.com
Mobile/Cell: +44 (79) 0543 9026
[MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language), http://www.mddl.org/] [FpML
Arch WG Member (Financial Products Markup Language), http://www.fpml.org/]
This Email may contain confidential information and/or copyright material
and is intended for the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised use may
be unlawful. If you receive this Email by mistake please advise the sender
immediately by using the reply  facility in your e-mail software. Email is
not a secure method of communication and London Market Systems Limited
cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this
message or any attachment(s). Please examine this email for virus infection,
for which London Market Systems Limited accepts no responsibility. If
verification of this email is sought then please request a hard copy. Unless
otherwise stated any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not represent those of London Market Systems Limited.

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl-ndrsc/members/leave_workgro
up.php.