Subject: Agenda for NDRSC 8 Oct 2003

Here is the agenda for this weeks teleconference call.  No regrets have been
received, we are expecting all to attend.
UBL NDR SC call 8:30-10:30am PST

STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
Access code: 5705229

A.  Welcome from the chair (Lisa), attendance, appoint someone to take
minutes.

B.  Schedule

 Week 3 (10/8) NDR Doc review by SC
 Week 2 (10/15) NDR Doc review by SC
 Week 1 (10/22) NDR Doc review by SC
 Week 0 (10/29) Release on Friday

This was the original schedule, here is an updated version:

 Week 3 (10/8) NDR Doc partial review by SC, Schema QA (we need complete NDR
Doc ASAP)
 Week 2 (10/15) NDR Doc review by SC
 Week 1 (10/22) NDR Doc review by SC
 Week 0 (10/29) Release on Friday

C.  Schema QA and analysis:  LISA'S REPORT BELOW

1.  Not sure how the following rules get implemented?  But within the schema
I do not find any namespaces for "rt" or "dt".  Is this something that is
not part of the initial implementation?

Also where is the "cat" CommonAggregateTypes schema module?

[NMS3] The CCTS:RepresentationTerm Schema Module MUST reside in its own
namespace.
[NMS4] The CCTS:RepresentationTerm Schema Module namespace MUST be
represented by the token "rt".
[NMS5] The UBL:Datatypes Schema Module MUST reside in its own namespace.
[NMS6] The UBL:Datatypes Schema Module namespace MUST be represented by the
token "dt".

2.  We are using "1.0:1.0-alpha" as our major/minor version numbers, this
isn't really following the rule.  We should also add that there can be a
period "." within the major or minor number, that is one thing we do not
have in the rules.

[NMS11] The namespace names for UBL Schemas holding draft status MUST be of
the form:urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:schema:name:major:minor

[VER1] Every UBL Schema and Schema Module Major version MUST have the URI
of:urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:name:major-number:0

[VER2] The first minor version release of a UBL Schema or Schema Module MUST
have the URI of:urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:name:major-number:non-zero

3.  I sent out an email earlier about the CoreComponentParameter and
CoreComponentTypes, We have several that are not approved CCTS CCtypes.  The
rule is:

[MDC2] UBL Libraries and Schemas MUST only use ebXML Core Component approved
Core Component Types.

4.  We have annotation/documentation on the types, rule [DOC1] says we have
to have on all type definitions and element declaration.  Right now we only
have on types.

5.  We have an element named "CV2" which the dictionary entry name is: Card
Account. CV2. Text - is this abbreviation going to be in the list, I don't
think it is very intuitive.

6.  Our schema module defining all CCTS:CCTs is called
UBL-CoreComponentTypes-1.0-alpha-8.xsd, should this be different?

[SSM9] A Schema Module defining all CCTS:CCTs MUST be created.
[SSM10] The CCTS:CCT Schema Module MUST be named "CCTS:CCT Schema Module"

7.  Are we doing the following rules somewhere?  I can't seem to put it
together with the schema.

[SSM12] A Schema Module defining all CCTS:PrimaryRepresentationTerms and
CCTS:SecondaryRepresentationTerms MUST be created.
[SSM13] The CCTS:RepresentationTerm Schema Module MUST be named "CCTS
Representation Term Schema Module"
[SSM14] A Schema Module defining all UBL Datatypes MUST be created.
[SSM15] The UBL:Datatypes Schema Module MUST be named "UBL Datatypes" Schema
Module"

8.  In rule DOC1, there is a list of the structured set of annotations and
the pattern in which they should fall (are we following this?):

UBL UID
UBL Name
Object Class:
Dictionary Entry Name
UBL Definition:
Code Lists/Standards
Core Component UID
Business Process Context
Geopolitical/Region Context
Official Constraints Context
Product Context
Industry Context
Role Context
Supporting Role Context
System Capabilities Context
All relevant metadata as specified in CCTS Section 7 for the concept
(CCTS:BBIE, CCTS:ABIE, CCTS:ASBIE, CCTS:CCT, CCTS:RepresentationTerm

9.  Maybe I am missing something, are ID and codes all being done locally?

[ELD1] All element declarations MUST be global with the exception of ID and
Code which MUST be local.

10.  This is not done in the draft, can it be done in the release?  And if
so, how difficult? and what difficulties does it make for user?

[ATD7] Each xsd:schemaLocation attribute declaration MUST contain a
persistant and resolvable URL.
[ATD8] Each xsd:schemaLocation attribute declaration URL MUST contain an
absolute path.

11.  Since the GUID is already in the CCTS:CCT file, we have used
"restriction" and it is not allowed from rule STD2.

[STD2] xsd:simpleType restriction MUST NOT be used for CCTS:CCTs.

12.  Also, how do I know if a supplementary component with datatype
properties is not supposed to be a attribute, everything is an attribute at
this point.

[STD1] For every CCTS:CCT whose supplementary components are equivalent to
the properties of a built-in xsd:datatype, the CCT:SupplementaryComponents
MUST NOT be expressed as attributes, and the CCTS:CCT MUST be defined as a
named simpleType in the CCTS:CCT Schema Module.

Without Gunther around to help me, I wrote Garrett and he wrote back:

>I see the problem.

>The wording should be "For every CCTS:CCT whose content component ..."

>This is for situations like xsd:datetime where there is no reason to define
a complex type since the content >component is already an XML Schema
built-in type and there are no supplemental components that >apply since
"format" is moot when you assume an XML Schema implementation.

>This rule could be further clarified by stating the content component =
built-in xsd:datatype AND no >other supplemental components applicable.

D.  Any Other Business

E.  Adjourn

Lisa Seaburg
AEON Consulting
Website: http://www.aeon-llc.com
Email:  lseaburg@aeon-llc.com
Alternative Email: xcblgeek@yahoo.com
Phone: 662-562-7676
Cellphone: 662-501-7676

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun."
                       -Katharine Hepburn
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Seaburg;Lisa
FN:Lisa Seaburg (E-mail)
ORG:Aeon LLC
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(662) 562-7676
ADR;WORK:;;;Senatobia;MS;38668;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Senatobia, MS 38668=0D=0AUSA
URL;WORK:http://www.aeon-llc.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:lseaburg@aeon-llc.com
REV:20031007T144803Z
END:VCARD