Subject: Schema Modularity and Imports/Includes

Folks,

On today's CEFACT ATG Call, we discussed the UBL modularity approach.  A question came up regarding the ability of internal schema modules to import external schema modules/control schemas. Figure 3-1 does not reflect any imports by internal schema modules. Figure 3-3 implies that the 4 fixed external schema modules (CAT, CBT, RT, DT) are imported by the internal schema modules rather than the control schema.  The text on or about line 1143 states "Any UBL schema module, be it a control schema or an internal module may import other control schemas from other namespaces".  These seem to be in conflict with each other.  My question is - Do we need/want the internal schema modules to have the ability to import external control schema/schema modules?

Mark