Subject: 7 January 2003 Minutes

The UBL NDR SC held its regularly scheduled teleconference on 7 January 2003 at 11:30 EST.

1.  Roll Call and Welcome from the chair (Mark), assignment of co-chair to
take minutes (Mark).

Attending:

Mark Crawford
Paul Thorpe
Eduardo Gutentag
Anne Hendry
Sue Probert
Lisa Seaburg
Bill Burcham
Michael Grimley
Jim Wilson

Regrets:

Mavis

2.  Sub-Committee Reports

        LCSC - Waiting on TBG17 interpretation of CCTS.  We expect the input next week. The TBG17 liaison is not sure if there will be design issues or not.  NDR will need to look at the document.  There are issues of CCTS and NDR compliance and levels thereof.  MC feels that CCTS compliance is our overriding concern.  If we can also satisfy TBG17 without impacting on schedule then we should try to.  Steven Green has been in contact with E Invoicing project and they are putting in comments regarding the UBL business model content.  These will be looked at during the F2F.  Mark raised the issue that this should be addressed before the F2F if it is to be included in 1.0

        TTSC - No new issues.

        CLSC -  No new issues.

3. Review outstanding items from coordination calls.  See <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-csc/200312/msg00057.html>

       - NDRSC to identify and empower someone willing and able to
         perform the NDR compliance function (or report that we
         have a resource problem).

       - NDRSC to specify an escalation plan for rule
         interpretation and conflict resolution.

   Outcomes (2003.12.19)

      This did get discussed during the NDRSC meeting 17 December.  Mike, Lisa, and another NDR person have volunteered to be part of a subworking group responsible for this function, buth they can not do it alone.  LCSC members working on schema would be invited to participate.  The Subworking group will review the schema and then be part of the LC calls to report on discrepancies and also explain the NDR rules as necessary.  There are resource issues with this. Mark has identified resources for Lisa to devote an hour or two a day over the next several weeks reviewing the schema.

RosettaNet Review.  Bill has looked at the RosettaNet input and provided a paper that discussed this.  There appears to be one major contentious issue dealing with target namespaces for minor versions. Bill has unofficially sent this to a RosettaNet person and is waiting on a response.  The remainder of the issues will need to be discussed on future calls.  Lisa will review latest RosettaNet guidelines to see if any of the issues have been resolved.

4.  Review outstanding items from UBL-Dev

	a.	Question of what is normative for customizers.  We discussed this in detail.  It is clearly defined in the NDR.  We may need to add more detailed information at some later time.  Specific customization requirements will come from the context methodology SC.  Will raise this issue on next coordination call as it crosses all SC boundaries.
	b.	Question of the use of xsd:Choice.  We do not want to stifle discussion but we also do not want to revisit decisions already made.  Narrative in NDR document explains avoidance of choice.

5.  Discuss modularity issue related to ability of internal schema modules to import external schema modules and control schema - see http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200401/msg00002.html and <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200401/msg00003.html> - held for next meeting.

5.  Review and Editorial work on latest version of the NDR document.  Held for next meeting.

6.  AOB - Held for next meeting.

Adjourned at 12:33.

Mark
Mark Crawford
Research Fellow - LMI XML Lead
W3C Advisory Committee, OASIS, RosettaNet Representative
Vice Chair - OASIS UBL TC & Chair Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee
Chair - UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working Group
Editor - UN/CEFACT Core Components
______
Logistics Management Institute
2000 Corporate Ridge, McLean, VA 22102-7805
(703) 917-7177 Fax (703) 917-7481
Wireless (703) 655-4810
mcrawford@lmi.org
<http://www.lmi.org/>