Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Defining the logical model

i am not sure what some of the terms you use are, but  from the very
first version (april 2002) we have had a clear policy on this in terms
of the models.  I dont see why the schemas should not match this - in
fact i suggest it is a good idea they dont change it (and that we keep
consistent terminology).

	1) For all ABIEs that have the potential to be used in schemas that cross functional boundaries (i.e. transportation, procurement) - place them in the CAC module.

(what is CAC? this is called the Reusable schema. )

	2) For all ABIEs that are part of a unique subset (only of value to a subset of business processes within a functional area) - place in the internal schema

(i have no idea what this is)

	3) For all ABIEs that are unique to a particular message - place in the control schema.

(we starting out this way but from the earlest library it became clear we could not easily segregate unique ABIEs.  What has evolved is that only the document level ABIE are in this schema.  furthermore, if we want to encourage re-use then it makes sense to make every ABIE potentially re-usable. NB even apparently obvious 'unique ABIEs' like OrderLine  was found to be re-used!)

I can understand Michael asking the question, but is this an NDR issue
at all?  All ABIEs in the Reusable model go in the Reusable schema, all
ABIEs in the individual document models go in their respective document
schema.  We have been doing this for 2 years and it works fine.

As Mark says, it is the LC model that determines where these things
should go, so why duplicate/confuse everyone by having potentially
different rules in the NDRs?
Am i missing something here?