Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Proposed Modification to [ELN4] - ASBIE Naming

looks like we are both in this together kid ;-)

i agree that we get distracted by the conceptual (SNM) view and the
implementation (XSD) view.  but i dont think we are that far apart. it
is not that we cannot nest/contain ABIE inside ABIEs - its that we dont
need to.  it is the hierarchical nature of XML documents that means
ASBIEs are implemented by nesting.

don't the XML instances look like....

<element> (may be ABIE)
    <element>  (may be BBIE)
    <element> (may be ABIE with its definition reflecting the context of
its use - ie its ASBIE definition)
        <element>  (may be BBIE)
        <element> (may be another ABIE with its definition reflecting
the context of its use - ie its ASBIE definition)

isn't the mapping the NDR are trying to do like this...?
ABIE = XSD type
BBIE = XSD type
ASBIE = reference to XSD Type (of ABIE)

from the example above it should also be clear that in any given
document schemas, all the nesting will be ASBIEs - with the exception of
the root ABIE.

as i said earlier, ASBIE are not elements/objects in the way ABIE and
BBIEs are.  they are more abstract concepts and in XML terms we can only
use documentation to show their existence.

--
regards
tim mcgrath