Subject: range of valid values for cc types

Hi,

In a recent Libarary Content meeting there was a question as to whether
negative values could be valid values for some entities, as in the case
of an adjustment amount.  In looking at
UBL-CoreComponentTypes-1.0-beta.xsd and
UBL-CoreComponentParameters-1.0-beta.xsd (from UBL 1.0 Beta), I noticed
these types defined:

cct:AmountType based on xsd:decimal
cct::DateTimeType based on xsd:dateTime
cct:IdentifierType based on xsd:decimal
cct:MeasureType based on xsd:decimal
cct:NumericType baed on xsd:decimal
cct:QuantityType based on xsd:decimal

rt:DateTimeType based on cct:DateTimeType
rt:DateType based on xsd:date
rt:TimeType based on xsd:time
rt:MeasureType based on cctMeasureType
rtNumericType based on cct:NumericType
rt:ValueType based on cct:NumericType
rt:RateType based on cct:NumericType
rt:QuantityType based on cct:QuantityType

Since all the base types used by cct noted above are xs primitive types
that allow negative values, and I can't see anywhere in either of the
above files where there are any restrictions in terms of
positive/negative value ranges (eg. no use of derived types such as
PositiveInteger, nonNegativeInteger, unsgined*, etc), is it safe to
assume the range of valid values for UBL entities based on these CC
types includes the full range of values as allowed by the w3c schema
primitive types on which they're based?

Thanks,
Anne