Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] [ubl-ndrsc] xsd:gYearMonth as basis of a new datatypefor credit card expiry date?

i think stephen's question is that if we wanted to define a data type (as the CCTS calls them) for YearMonth, can we do this using XSD? - if so we need an NDR for its definition (stephen then suggests one or two).  the important part of this is that it allows for option day but mandatory month and year.

which raises a maintenace question on how we can define data types into the future.  whilst the other CCTS modules are External - i presume this one (the UBL data types) is Internal, so will we need to add to the NDR every time we add another one?

Stephen Green wrote:
NDRSC

Just a quick question for LCSC modelling.

Would it be feasible to use xsd:gYearMonth as the base for a new DataType (in the CCTS sense) to
cater for MM/YY (albeit YYYY-MM in ISO short date format) as used with Credit Card expiry dates?

Thanks

Stephen Green

--
regards