Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Query on Figure 3-1

Mark

Could it be the abstract/conceptual 'ur-Schema'?

Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: "CRAWFORD, Mark" <MCRAWFORD@lmi.org>
To: "UBL Design Rules (E-mail)" <ubl-ndrsc@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 5:19 PM
Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Query on Figure 3-1

Folks,

The attached figure was originally created in SF last November.  There was
never any supportive text.  In trying to write the text, I have come across
a roadblock.  Specifically, for the box labeled SchemaModule, that is
pointed to by InternalSchemaModule and ExternalSchemaModule and in turn
points to W3C XML Schema, what does this represent.  I really don't recall
what its purpose was, why it was split between the DocumentSchema namespace
and external namespaces.  Any help would be appreciated.

Mark
Mark Crawford
Research Fellow - LMI XML Lead
W3C Advisory Committee, OASIS, RosettaNet Representative
Vice Chair - OASIS UBL TC & Chair Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee
Chair - UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working Group
Editor - UN/CEFACT Core Components
______
Logistics Management Institute
2000 Corporate Ridge, McLean, VA 22102-7805
(703) 917-7177 Fax (703) 917-7481
Wireless (703) 655-4810
mcrawford@lmi.org
<http://www.lmi.org/>