ubl-org-data message

Subject: SRIN definition

Hi everyone,

We discussed at the last meeting that in the name "Society Registration Information Notice", the word "Society" was too loose, as it could include too wide a variation. For example, a group of friends could be considered a society. The SRIN schema "EFORMS-SocietyRegistrationInformationNotice.xsd" included with the eForms schema published on SIMAP is intended to satisfy the "Information notice about European Company (EC 2157/2001) or European Cooperative Society (EC 1435/2003) (X01)", which is published as EC_ECS_EN.pdf. This PDF makes reference to "Council Regulation (EC) No 1435/2003 of 22 July of 2003 on the Statute for a European Cooperative Society" https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32003R1435 . The notice and the regulation both refer to "Cooperative Society" rather than just "Society". In the regulation, it discusses company law and shares, and stipulates a minimum capital of Â30.000, making it clear that the "cooperative society" is a form of business or corporation. So perhaps the "Society Registration Information Notice" is poorly named, and is missing the word "Cooperative".

In a search on the web for "cooperative society", most of the top results agree that it is a form of business, so perhaps our perception that it might include non-business organisations was incorrect, and we do not need to further clarify the phrase.

Here is a suggested short introduction to the document for the UBL documentation:

The Society Registration Information Notice allows a standardized way of recording the information associated with the registration of Cooperative Societies.

Best regards,
Paul