ubl-org-data message

Subject: Notes on EU merger regulations and BRIS

Dear all,

Here are some notes on what I have found so far on the new policy initiative on EU merger regulations. I did not find much public information about the data that is collected for concentrations outside of the regulations. I could not find any form templates apart from the contact details template below, or any examples of forms. The only other resource I found was the submission site itself, for which a login is required.

Current consolidated regulation: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:02004R0802-20140101; date: 01/01/2014

Mergers and acquisitions are known as "concentrations". Intended concentrations with company values above certain thresholds must notify the EC in advance. Notifications are made via a "Form CO". There is a "Short Form CO" for cases that are unlikely to raise competition concerns.

Current concentration types: full merger, acquisition of sole or joint control
Contact details required: name, address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address of, and position held by, the appropriate contact person

Contact details template: https://ec.europa.eu/competition/mergers/template.xlsx
Contact details template instructions: https://ec.europa.eu/competition/mergers/instructions_template_en.pdf

I have created a basic comparison of the contact details template against UBL elements in the attached spreadsheet.