ubl-pre-award message

Subject: Re: [ubl-pre-award] Agenda for UBL Pre-award SC call 14. December 2016 16.30 CEST

In preparation for tomorrow's teleconference, I have these observations:

At 2016-12-13 11:19 +0000, Ole Ellerbæk Madsen wrote:
1. In the Response you use QuantityType and NumericType. However I can?t find any XML instance sample where Numeric is used and the documentation is quite ambiguous. I must admit that I don?t quite understand the difference between both.

There are no CCTS supplementary components for an item of type Numeric:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/mod/summary/reports/UBL-AllDocuments-2.1.html#UDT-Numeric.Type

There are a number of supplementary components for an item of type Quantity:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/mod/summary/reports/UBL-AllDocuments-2.1.html#UDT-Quantity.Type

Even though the unitCode of Quantity is optional, if all you want is a number then you should use Numeric so that someone doesn't add a unitCode expecting it to mean something when it shouldn't.

2. In ?cac:TenderingCriterionRequirement? you have ?cbc:MaximumQuantity, cbc:MinimumQuantity, and cbc:MaximimQuantity? elements. We also have now an identical requirement but not only for Quantities but also for Amounts and percentages. My question is: if you needed to specify an amount or a percentage in the TenderingCriterionRequirement would you use always the QuantityType and use the unitCode attribute to specify whether the Quantity is Euros or Percentage? This doesn?t seem very canonical, does it?

There is a ticket that has been deferred:

  https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-33

... but the reason it was deferred is categorized as not being backward compatible. What I don't understand is that I don't see cac:TenderingCriterionRequirement in UBL 2.1, so I don't know why this would be considered not backward compatible. It looks like it is new in UBL 2.2 and so it can be changed immediately if needed.

If it were a backward compatibility issue, one could impose a business rule on the quantity to state that, from a business perspective, the unitCode must be omitted, thus making it equivalent to numeric. But it won't be enforceable in the schema. And this morning I don't think it applies here.

3. cac:SubsiduaryTenderingCriteriaGroup Should be cac:SubsidiaryTenderingCriteriaGroup

I have just repaired the online spreadsheet for the CSD01 generation.  Thanks!

I will try to figure out a way of doing spell checking on the model later today.

Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training @US$45: http://goo.gl/Dd9qBK |
Crane Softwrights Ltd. _ _ _ _ _ _ http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G Ken Holman _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ blog _ _ _ _ _ http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/posts |