Subject: Re: [ubl-psc] udt:Amount type - does it need qualifying in UBL 2.0??

you're correct the Identifier is available but in ATG2 it is left blank
and with UBL 1.0 we had a fixed value of "0.3".

it comes down to what we think these code lists are doing.  if we think
they are to give partners an ability to validate and understand the
legitimate values they will see in this BBIE then just specifying ISO
currency code (for example) is not enough. this is because they
constantly change.  only by adding the version do we fix the set of
possible values.

otherwise, specifying a code list is simply giving a loose indication of
the types of values that may be found - but no guarantee of
interoperability.

i agree we can leave this to the individual implementations to decide,
but then why not let them decide on code lists as well as versions?
 there is not really much difference.

its rather like the ongoing problems with the rule that all terms must
be in the Oxford English Dictionary.  As we know the OED varies across
editions and versions, so we have to very specific if we want to be sure
everyone is using the same source - both for dictionary terms and for
code list values.

--
regards
tim mcgrath

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?sid=632C40AB-4E94-4930-A94E-22FF8CA5641F&ttype=2&tid=10476