Subject: RE: [ubl-psc] Account Response and Application Response.

The Aperak doesn't allow you to report content type of errors at the line
item level. The Account Response does. The Account Response is much closer
to the X12 824 transaction.

I'm not against 1 document but I think we're out of time to do the type of
analysis needed to develop a new document that would truly serve both
purposes. A combined document will also need good annotations and use cases
to clearly delineate the different usages.

There are many companies that only permit an Application Response type
document. Whenever you combine document types, you run the risk of misuse or
abuse. What is the benefit of only using one document when their purposes
are so different?

I'm not in favor of just dropping the document without knowing more about
the original submitter requirements. If they seem that similar, we need to
study the design further. That can always be done after we get everything
else completed.

Sylvia
-----Original Message-----
From: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 10:01 PM
To: ubl-psc@lists.oasis-open.org

We still need to decide what to do about these two document types.  They
both appear to do the same function (allow an application level response to
a transaction), but they have different structures.  I would like to only
use one.

My simple assessment is the Application Response is based on the EDIFACT
APERAK document  but the Account Response is designed to reference specific
lines on documents.  Can we get some debate on this?

NB whichever structure we agree on can i suggest we call it an 'Application'
Response as I am not sure how it could be seen as response from an
'Account'.

--
regards
tim mcgrath

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business
Informatics and Web Services http://www.docengineering.com/