Subject: RE: [ubl-psc] Re: [ubl] UBL draft 11

Tim,

How will EDIFIX know which schema to create if some models represent more than 1 document?
Regards,
Sylvia
From: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 11:27 PM
To: Mark Leitch
Cc: ubl-psc@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ubl-psc] Re: [ubl] UBL draft 11

OK then I think we can rationalize these document models.

a. Self Billed Invoice is the same structure as an Invoice except for optionally having multiple statement references.
    I don’t think that either should have statement reference; in my draft 10 notes for the self billed invoice I recommended the removal of this association.
I have removed Statement from Self Billed Invoice. I now suspect that Self Billed Invoice and Invoice are the same document type - only the direction of the exchange makes them different.  So we dont need two document models. Just the Invoice will do.
b. Self Billed Credit Note is exactly the same structure as Credit Note.  Only the definitions change.
    Yes. The sender and recipient swap and, whereas the reference in a Credit Note will be to an Invoice, the reference in a Self Billed Credit Note will be to a Self Billed Invoice
- as Self Billled Credit Note now refers to a Billing_Document Reference, it can be covered by the normal Credit Note document structure.
- as we dont define the sender and recipient, the document doesn't care that they are swapped.

Can i suggest that the Self Billed Credit Note is not a new document type - just a different application of  a Credit Note document?

PS. i remember some discussion about the tax implications of self billed credit note, but since we have already added Tax Total to Credit Note it seems to cover both cases.

c. Statement appears to have no Billing Document Reference.
    Statement should not have a Billing Document Reference, but Statement Line should.  This is an omission.
Statement Line now has Accounting Document Reference (the rationalized model), so this is covered.

Mark Leitch wrote:
Tim,

See below

Mark Leitch

A few main points that I wanted to check ...

a. Self Billed Invoice is the same structure as an Invoice except for optionally having multiple statement references.
    I don’t think that either should have statement reference; in my draft 10 notes for the self billed invoice I recommended the removal of this association.

b. Self Billed Credit Note is exactly the same structure as Credit Note.  Only the definitions change.
    Yes. The sender and recipient swap and, whereas the reference in a Credit Note will be to an Invoice, the reference in a Self Billed Credit Note will be to a Self Billed Invoice

c. Statement appears to have no Billing Document Reference.
    Statement should not have a Billing Document Reference, but Statement Line should.  This is an omission.

Am I correct?

Peter Larsen Borresen wrote:

Dear TC

Please find UBL draft 11 as spreadsheet, edifix model and schemas with
attached below.

The upadates of the definitions provided by Mark Leith has not been
included. The model is still for review in the procurement group.

Kind regards

Peter

 <<mod.zip>>  <<UBL2.0_draft11.zip>>  <<xsd.zip>>

generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in OASIS
at:

regards
tim mcgrath
phone: +618 93352228
postal: po box 1289   fremantle    western australia 6160

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
http://www.docengineering.com/

--
regards
tim mcgrath