Subject: Re: [ubl-psc] SV: SV: SV: Found some errors in draft 12 Combinedspreadsheet

i am not sure the parties at the document root have anything to do with who sends or receives the documents.  typically they are parties to whom the information on the document is addressed or who have some role in the business process.

think about an Order.  Just because some party is the Buyer Customer Party does not mean they sent the Order.

These transportation documents are not used in the same way as in a procurement binary process where two parties swap documents back and forth.  The documents follow a chain (or network) of parties - different parties can send the same documents depending on the role.  so it does not help us to put the various parties (listed below) at the document root level.  because this still does not tell us who sent this document or who it was addressed to.

I don't see why this is a problem to you.

Peter Larsen Borresen wrote:
Hi Tim

In all documents we have party types on root level. There are two mandatory parties in every documents (besides the trading documents): The sender of the document and the receiver of the documents. This is NOT just something that can be dealt with in the enveloping. You need to see who is responsible for this document and who is it intended for, even when the envelope is not there anymore. This is also common practice in the paper world. You newer see a letter without it is written who the sender is and who it is intended to.

Kind regards

Peter
-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sendt: 19. december 2005 01:56
Til: Peter Larsen Borresen

notsure why you think this has to be in the document root.

with these documents (copies of which can be exchanged around groups of different parties), the sender/receiver are dealt with in the enveloping.

the parties you may be thinking of are the:
Consignment. Consignee_ Party
Consignment. Exporter_ Party
Consignment. Consignor_ Party
Consignment. Importer_ Party
Consignment. Carrier_ Party
Consignment. Freight Forwarder_ Party
Consignment. Notify_ Party
Consignment. Original Despatch_ Party
Consignment. Final Delivery_ Party

- specified in the Consignment for the Shipment described by the document.

Peter Larsen Borresen wrote:
Hi Tim

I have a problem with transport documents. I am missing the party that sends
the doument and the party that receives them. Why are they not specified?

/Peter