Subject: Re: [ubl-psc] Tax Representative

Mark,

I'll try to provide the TaxXML perspective on these:

1.  A Tax Representative would generally be treated as any other optional
party associated with an invoice.  The difference is that the EU invoicing
directive states that if a Tax Representative is identified on an invoice,
then certain information; VAT Number, Name and Address; must be included.
This is also a requirement for the Buyer, Supplier, Invoicee and Payee.  Is
the question around how to handle selected information that may be
mandatory for some jurisdictions, but optional in others?  If so, would
this be the sort of jurisdiction-specific rule that we had discussed having
TaxXML identify to be written as a schematron rule?

2.  I'm not sure where the issue that Tax Category Id is to be mandatory
would have come from in TaxXML although there was an initial
mis-interpretation of Tax Category which was confused with what I believe
is now Commodity Classification.  That being said, while I'm still somewhat
unclear of the precise definition of Tax Category in UBL, there should be
some identification of what a tax specified on an invoice represents.  It
would not be generally sufficient to simply identify an amount as tax since
there can be multiple taxes involved in a transaction that would need to be
differentiated.  Would Tax Category be the means to do that?

Regards,

John

John Glaubitz
Vertex, Inc.
1041 Old Cassatt Rd.
Berwyn, PA  19312
john.glaubitz@vertexinc.com
Tel: +1 484 595-5877

                      Mark Leitch
                      <ml@tritorr.com>         To:       "swebb@gefeg.com" <swebb@gefeg.com>, "'ubl-psc@lists.oasis-open.org'"
                                                <ubl-psc@lists.oasis-open.org>
                      04/24/2006 05:09         cc:
                      AM                       Subject:  [ubl-psc] Tax Representative

Sylvia

Please can you liaise with the TaxXML group regarding:
   1. how Tax Representative Party should be treated in UBL 2.0
         1. we are simply unsure how to handle this and, according to
            Freddy, this is an issue with 2.0.  We also know that it has EU
            invoicing directive implications.
   2. why Tax Category ID should be mandatory in UBL 2.0
         1. we were informed of this by the TaxXML group, it's been raised
            as an issue and we don't know the answer.

Cheers, Mark

Mark Leitch
Director - Tritorr Ltd
Tel.:   +44 1932 821112