Subject: Re: [ubl-psc] LineItemID

Not sure what you mean by BuyersItemID and LineItemID being synonimous.

LineItemID identifies the transaction and BuyersItemID identifies the object being transacted.

So...
"LineItem 123 may specificy 200 of BuyersItemID XYZ"
"LineItem 124 may specificy 10 of BuyersItemID XYZ"
"LineItem 125 may specificy 99 of BuyersItemID ABC"

We were trying to say the buyer must identify the transaction (but they dont have to use the buyer's item identification scheme)

Does that seem reasonable?

Martin Forsberg wrote:
Hi PSC,

When commenting on the issue list I stumbled upon a thing in the order that might need clarification.

LineItemID has the definition:
The identifier for the Line Item assigned by the Buyer (mandatory)

The Item  (on LineItem) has a ASBIE called BuyersItemIdentification with the definition:
associates the item with its identification according to the buyers system.

For me this sounds as 1. we have two BuyersItemID and 2. UBL only supports "itemized" orders where the itemid is known?

Regards,
Martin Forsberg

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.5.1/327 - Release Date: 28/04/2006

--
regards
tim mcgrath