Subject: Re: [ubl-psc] UBL Issues

the first thing we need to discuss is whether we can accept any new input for 2.0 or are we making an issues list for the next release.

Mark Leitch wrote:
UBL Issues The following issues identified in the NES profiling exercise warrant discussion and resolution by the PSC at the telecon on 21st August.

  • Invoice Line
    • Item Instance is on Invoice Line;  consider whether Item Instance should only be used in the context of Item itself
  • Period
    • Duration measure cannot be used in UBL: ISO 8601 is alpha and the UBL data type is a decimal
  • Document Reference
    • Why is copy indictor in Document Reference ?
  • Supplier Party
    • NES observation
      • SupplierParty.Shipping_Contact should be SupplierParty.Despatch_Party
      • SupplierParty.Order_Contact should be SupplierParty.Seller_Contact
    • Personal observation
      • I think all three contact ASBIES should be removed from SupplierParty to make it the same in structure as CustomerParty;
      • if Contact is required, it can be reached through the Party ASBIE
  • Payment Means
    • PaymentMeansCode description is wrong; it should be “The Payment Means expressed as a code”.
  • Item
    • Item Specification Document Reference is 0..1; should be 0..n
  • Item Instance
    • Product Trace ID should be optional
  • Related Item
    • RelatedItemID should be the ID for the related item (?); the definition states “an ID for the relationship”
  • Lot Identification
    • the association to Lot Identification should should be in Item Instance, not in Item
  • Commodity classification
    • there should be an ASBIE to Classification Scheme inside Commodity Classification (?)

Regards, Mark

Mark Leitch
Director - Tritorr Ltd
tel.:       +44 1932 821112