Subject: ISS-11 and ISS-9 revisited (and clarification)

i don't really want to revisit past decisions but while documenting the
changes proposed for these two issues (the LegalTotal ones) i realized
something.

I had written down...
* create "AnticipatedTotal" that has the same structure as LgealTotal
but PayableAmount is optional and LineExtensionAmount is mandatory.
* Order and Order Change use AnticipatedTotal and it is optional.
* Order Response uses legalTotal and it is optional.
* Invoice uses LegalTotal and it is mandatory (as it is already)
* Quotation uses LegalTotal and it is mandatory

however it occurs to me there may be a more elegant solution.

there are some weaknesses with what we proposed.
* firstly, the names LegalTotal and AnticipatedTotal are not very
meaningful as it does not say total of what.  we assume it means total
amounts but the name doesn't give us that.
* secondly, why can't AnticipatedTotal be the same cardinalities as
LegalTotal?  why have LineExtensionAmount mandatory when you may just as
well make PayableAmount mandatory?  The buyer is as much able to specify
one as the other.
* finally, we also need to decide how to deal with other document types
that use LegalTotal, viz. Credit Note, Debit Note, Self Billing Credit
Note, Reminder, Freight Invoice

this leads me to think we need only one structure for Totals. we could
call it something like TotalAmount or MonetaryTotal or FinancialTotal.
and if you use it you must have a PayableAmount.

we then qualify its use:
Quotation has Quoted_TotalAmount (and it is mandatory, 1..1)
Order and OrderChange has Anticipated_TotalAmount (and it is optional, 0..1)
Order Response has Legal_TotalAmount (and it is optional, 0..1)
Invoice,Self Billed Invoice, Credit Note, Self Billing Credit Note,
Reminder, Freight Invoice have Legal_TotalAmount (and it is mandatory 1..1)
Debit Note has Requested_TotalAmount (and it is mandatory, 1..1)

Does this seem a worthy alternative (given the terms may be refined a
bit more)?

Can we discuss it Wednesday?

--
regards