Subject: SV: [ubl-psc] Question about Credit Notes

Hi Oriol

I will recomment that you use the Invoice document with an ducument type code
called "AmmendedInvoice" (or something like that) and then make the billing
reference to an invoice document mandatory. The scenario fits well with the
scenario where you rejecty the invoice and issue an new one. Since you don't
uses creditnote, you don't send one.

Kind regards

Peter

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Oriol Bausą [mailto:oriol@invinet.org]
Sendt: 30. maj 2007 20:23
Til: ubl-psc@lists.oasis-open.org
Emne: [ubl-psc] Question about Credit Notes

Hi all,

I've defined the CCI to UBL mapping for the invoice in Spain. We have
now an invoice model based on UBL and that fits the requirements of
the Spanish law. It is a subset of the UBL Invoice and it is close to
the NES and OIO models, so I hope there would be no problems of
interoperability between them.

Now I'm defining some initial profiles to make people of the Tax
Office realize  the scope required to achieve broad adoption. I've
defined just three profiles, as I had just one document: the Invoice,
and those profiles are:

	1.- Only Invoice
	2.- Basic Billing
	3.- Basic Billing with Response.

Those are profiles very close to the more basic NES ones, and the 2
and 3 are intended to let correct invoices through the issue of
credit notes.

Nevertheless there is an important issue and I'd like to get your
advice on that: The Spanish law does not allow Credit Notes to be
issued. So you cannot issue a document to amend a previous
overcharged sent invoice. There are two possible solutions if you
sent an error or overcharged invoice:

1) If the supplier has to send other invoices to the same customer
(only in certain circumstances) he can introduce a negative line to
amend the former invoice in a later one.
2) the normal rule is to send an Amendment Invoice. This is an
special type of invoice that:
	- has to be identified as an amendment invoice,
	- requires a new identifier,
	- has to identify the original invoice,
	- has to inform of the discrepancy reason and
	- has to contain all the invoice information.

This Amendment Invoice substitutes the original one. So the Credit
Note concept is slightly different in Spain.

My question is that, with this escenario, what kind of solution do
you recommend:

a) Define the Amendment Invoice as a Credit Note. Most of the fields
and concepts are the same, and the behaviour of the Amendment Invoice
is similar to the Credit Note.
b) Define the Amendment Invoice as a new Type of Invoice. Then you
need basically to identify the Discrepancy that is not in the current
Invoice,
c) Define a new document based on the Invoice and with the
information of the Credit Note required.

Thank you,
Oriol