Subject: SV: [ubl-psc] UBL 2.0 Update proposals

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sendt: 22. november 2007 03:59
Til: ubl-psc@lists.oasis-open.org
Emne: [ubl-psc] UBL 2.0 Update proposals

The Japanese Localization Subcommittee have been reviewing the UBL 2.0
documents and have made some proposals for improvements as part of the Update
Package (scheduled for release early next year).  These are not
significant changes just editting corrrections or clarifications.   But
a few require input from the PSC members.

So, can you please review the suggestions below and provide a recommendation
for the Update Package editors (via me) on how we should dispose of these
comments?

Item 3
> Order and Invoice  - DocumentCurrencyCode The definition is deferent
> each other. We think that these definitions had better be unite.
> Definition in Order is 'The default currency for the Order.'.
> Definitio in Invoice is 'The currency in which the Document is
> presented. This may be the same currency as the pricing or as the tax.'.
PLB: I agree that the definitions should be alligned

Item 5
> CatalogueRequest - ID   The definition says 'An identifier for the
> Catalogue Request assigned by the Catalogue Managing Party.'.
> This should be 'An identifier for the Catalogue Request assigned by
> the Catalogue Requesting Party.'.
> Reason: 'Catalogue Managing Party' is ambiguous. 'Catalogue Managing
> Party' may be Catalogue Requesting Party and Catalogue Providing
> Party. In this case, Catalogue Requesting Party is much clear.
PLB: I agree

Item 10
> Order Response - UBL TC had better add the AccptedIndicator (BBIE) and
> RejectionCode (BBIE) in this Business Document.
> Reason: The AccptedIndicator (BBIE) and RejectionCode (BBIE) are
> important BBIEs In OrderResponse. There are AccptedIndicator (BBIE)
> and RejectionCode (BBIE) in OrderResponseSimple.

PLB: I disagree with this because, it conflicts with the use of
OrderResponse. OrderReponse is allways used when something in the order is
not accepted, otherwise the OrderResponseSimple (OrderAccept + OrderReject´as
one document) is used.

Item 18
> RemittanceAdvice - Three BBIEs of PaymentOrderReference,
> PayerReference, InvoicingPartyReference are difficult to understand
> for us. We think the following improved definitions will be better.
> (1) PaymentOrderReference
> Current Definition: A reference to the Payment Order (from the Payer
> to the Payer's bank).
> Improved Definition: A internal reference to the Payment Order (from
> the Payer to the Payer's bank).
> (2)  PayerReferenc
> Current Definition: The Payer's internal reference for the payment.
> Improved Definition: A internal reference in the Payment Order to the
> Payer.
> (3) InvoicingPartyReference
> Current Definition: The Invoicing Party's reference to the payment,
> previously requested of the Payer to accompany remittance.
> Improved Definition: A internal reference in the Payment Order to the
> Invoicing Party, previously requested of the Payer to accompany
> remittance.
PLB: The terms are copied from the UN/CEFACT Remittance advice. If we are
going to change them we should submit them back to UN/CEFACT. I am not sure
we use the term "Payment Order". That has to be defined if we are going to
use it.

PS. we need to have some response on this within the next 2 weeks to get the
changes into the review package,  thank you.

--
regards
tim mcgrath