Subject: Re: [ubl-psc] Hash algorithm

At 2009-05-15 13:05 +0200, Oriol Bausą wrote:
>In the External Reference, you can define the External Reference.
>Document Hash. Text.  It is necessary to specify which has been the
>Hashing algorithm used to calculate the hash, so I would propose to
>add a External Reference. Hash Algorithm. Code to the External
>Reference ABIE.

I suggest "External Reference. Hash Algorithm.
Identifier" rather than code because the value is
not being used for brevity or language
independence.  All of the algorithms are going to
be distinguished in instances of this item
presumably by URI strings of some kind or some
other patterned value.  So we are dealing with
probably one scheme for hash algorithm
identification, and this identifier will be one value in that scheme.

For codes like currency codes and payment means
codes, values are being truncated or
substituted.  Whereas this field is identifying
an algorithm, distinguishing the identifier from other algorithms.

But this is subjective, so I'm not going to
oppose a considered opinion for "Code".  I just
wanted to pass along that when I read "Code" my
initial reaction was that it felt more correct to me to be "Identifier".

I hope this helps.

--
XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO hands-on training - Los Angeles, USA 2009-06-08
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc