Subject: Re: [FIRTG] Issue list for UBL 2.1 (eMandate)

Hello PSC,

it's happen that just few days ago (19 Aug 2009) the ISO20022 has
introduced the eMandate (electronic mandate of payment)
http://www.iso20022.org/UNIFI_payments_messages.page#Mandate

This reason the effort of FIRTG in this direction could partly change
depending of the concrete requirements of Buyers/Debtors or their
Creditor/Sellers involved in the use of the eMandate.

SEPA was strongly requiring this eMandate document and FIRTG was
promptly providing a support into UBL, however today ISO20022 has
provided an eMandate solution based on the banking channel.

Just like the UBL Remittance Advice, the eMandate could be sent directly
from the Buyer to the Seller, and only the Seller could be involved into
sending the Mandate to his Bank Agent.

At this stage the Seller/Creditor is not able to send a Mandate on
behalf of the Buyer/Debtor as ISO20022 is not supporting this at all.

We are in two different rail, the banking and the commerce.

We could ignore this as the ISO20022 eMandate is young and its review by
corporate treasurers is still to be done.

UBL FIRTG is introducing the possibility to send a Purchase Order with,
at the same time, the value of an eMandate, and this feature has
received a good feedback from some eFinance experts.

I requested some FIRTG components to provide some more feedback about a
possible eMandate support in UBL 2.1.

Do we have to give up with this due to the ISO20022 work ?

I will appreciate any feedback on this.

Roberto

---