Subject: Do we need a RFQ submission acceptable date?

Hi, folks!

In a recent UBL-Dev exchange, I noted the absence of a starting date
for the acceptable period for responding to an RFQ:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/201104/msg00001.html

The end of the acceptable period is <SubmissionDueDate>.  I'm
guessing the assumption is that the response is immediately allowed
to be submitted.  I don't have a lot of experience with RFQs but I
could imagine the requester not being prepared to accept RFQs until a
particular acceptable starting date, not necessarily immediately.  Do
we need another BBIE to indicate that acceptable starting date?

I'll assume so, otherwise ignore the rest of the post.

Since what we have isn't labeled an "end" date, I don't think we
should name the new item a "start" date.  I don't know what the
antipode of "due" is ... perhaps <SubmissionAcceptableDate> or
<SubmissionAllowedDate> would be appropriate.

I'll leave it with you ... I just spotted this and thought I would
bring it up for PRD3 consideration.

Thanks!

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training