Subject: SV: [ubl-psc] question about Quotations

Hi Tim, Roberto and Co

I recall the meeting when Mark and I designed the Quotation document. It is
a general rule, that the receiver of a business document is mandatory in
UBL-2 documents, and the originator is the receiver of a quotation. In some
tender documents we have cases where, there is no specific receivers which
also applies to a couple of transport document. In the context of RFQ to
Quotation I think this makes perfectly sense. But for a standalone Quotation
I am open for discussion.

Best regards

Peter

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Roberto Cisternino [mailto:roberto@javest.com]
Sendt: 27. april 2011 19:12
Til: Tim McGrath
Cc: 'ubl-psc@lists.oasis-open.org'
Emne: Re: [ubl-psc] question about Quotations

A Quotation document could be also used as a general Tariff document
provided to any requestor.  So it could be provided in an unsolecited way
(e.g. by mail) without a requisition or quotation request.

Cheers,

Roberto

> someone has asked me about the OriginatorCustomerParty in Quotation.
>
>> Btw, I went through UBL 2.0 schemas, and I couldn't understand why
>> OriginatorCustomerParty is not mandatory element in Quotation? Like
>> it is in basically in all the other message types (order, invoice...).
>
> I suspect it is because of possible third parties/marketsites (not
> customers) receiving quotes, but does anyone have a better response?
>
> --
> Regards, Tim McGrath

* JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino
*
* Document Engineering Services Ltd. - Alliance Member
* UBL Italian Localization SubCommittee (ITLSC), co-Chair
* UBL Online Community editorial board member (ubl.xml.org)
* Italian UBL Advisor

  Roberto Cisternino

  mobile: +39 328 2148123
  skype:  roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc