Subject: RE: [ubl-psc] Meeting in the UBL PSC

Martin,

You are now proposing is that the LineItemType should be split into 2 distinct types with different cardinality where one has Item as a mandatory element, and the other as an optional element? And then use that new type (with optional item) as the type for all the elements under a OrderLine in OrdeResponse? Would that not also cause 2 different OrderLineTypes?

I see this “ballooning” into more changes …..

If you are sending a response based on a original UBL order document that you received, then you have all the information that is needed to populate the item element as it was in the original order.

If the OrderResponse is the first UBL document (the order was given via the phone for example, or other non UBL means) then you also really need a Item element so that the buyer can determine if you will deliver the right item

And when you want to propose a different item then the one requested (cac:SellerProposedSubstituteLineItem  or cac:SellerSubstitutedLineItem element) you really need to populate a complete item element .. so there it should be mandatory?

If you only want to say “Accepted” (or not) why don’t you use OrderResponseSimple? Or do you need to say this on a per line basis? Then we could add an optional OrderLineResponseSimple element to that document?

So something like

OrderLineResponseSimple

                cbc:AcceptedIndicator

                cac:OrderLineReference