ubl-sbsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-sbsc] Groups-UBL-1.0-SBS-1.0-beta-2-in-progress-20050312 (UBL-1-0-SmallBusinessSubset-1-0

Is there any way we can include a namespace declaration
in our most normative XPath XML files for the SBS?

This would appear to be a requirement for citing the SBS
normative documents in such things as BPSS and ebMS
instances.

Thanks

Steve

>>> "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com> 17/03/05 03:43:13 >>>
Sorry, Stephen, I'm indisposed on business on a trip.  I hope to get to
these standards duties on Monday.  Darn paying customers keep getting in
the way of doing the fun stuff.

At 2005-03-16 13:53 +0000, Stephen Green wrote:
>I'll have to spend a while checking these files and then
>let you know so you can create XPaths.

Good ... I have an excuse now to wait.

>How are we with the XPath file formats?

I remember seeing something about filenames ... but did something need to
change with the formats?

BTW, I was confused about the comment that the XML file with the raw
material shouldn't be called "xxxxx-XPath.xml", but I'm not sure I
agree.  The four filenames at this time are:

   xxxxx-XPath.html
   xxxxx-XPath.txt
   xxxxx-XPath.xml
   xxxxx-Instance.xml

The three "-XPath" files have the information for expressing the XPath
addresses ... XML is raw and the others just enumerations ... actually,
even the -Instance can be used to derive XPath addresses since it has one
of everything.

What were the concerns about the filenames?  And the formats?

>The other thing we need is to put words together as
>a covering index file. This could be the start of a tentative
>Implementation Guide (*very* tentative until we have
>more implementer feedback).

The readme.txt file can be a start for that ... hopefully others will join
the SBSC and contribute some efforts to share the load.

Sorry I can't be more help at this immediate time, circumstances the way
they are.

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc