ubl-sbsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-sbsc]Groups-UBL-1.0-SBS-1.0-beta-2-in-progress-20050312(UBL-1-0-SmallBusinessSubset-1-0

Ken

Greetings.

I was really thinking of something which might be
more tricky: Having a namespace for the
xpath-file schema is probably necessary but then
we also need a namespace, I believe, for every list
of XPaths (hopefully in XML, hence the relevance
of a namespace) for every UBL document type.

I'm thinking of a namespace, that is, not applied to
a W3C Schema as usual but applied to an XML instance
which functions like a schema. It would therefore
mean, I think, creating our own root element attribute
called namespace and having a uri as its value. This
is if we are going to have a set of files in XML which
each list the XPaths of the SBS of a UBL Document.
It is these files which I'm thinking would need the
namespace and possibly version attributes for the
root element
e.g.
<(prefix):(root element name)
xmlns:(prefix)="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:sbsc:xpath"
namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:sbs:xpath:Order-1.0"
version="1.0-beta-2">

We'd therefore still need a set of uri's and appropriate rulings
about them - one uri for the namespace of the Schema of
the xpaths lists and others for the xpaths list themselves.

All the best

Steve

>>> "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com> 23/03/05 15:22:58 >>>
At 2005-03-23 13:51 +0000, Stephen Green wrote:
>Is there any way we can include a namespace declaration
>in our most normative XPath XML files for the SBS?

Do you mean by this question "can we put the vocabulary into a particular
namespace"?

Sure, but it will take some time for me to change my Python programs to be
namespace aware.  Maybe I can just cheat and leave everything in the
default namespace since these tools are interim tools until other tools
generate the XPath information.

>This would appear to be a requirement for citing the SBS
>normative documents in such things as BPSS and ebMS
>instances.

I didn't realize that non-namespace vocabularies were not allowed.

Okay, next question ... probably to the SSC ... what are the UBL policies
for choosing namespace URI strings for subcommittee projects?  Maybe I
should ask this of the TC.

How about something like:

   urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:sbsc:xpath

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc