ubl-sbsc message

Subject: Re: Re: [ubl-hisc] HISC Teleconference 2005-03-29/30

"G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com> wrote on 29.03.2005,
16:10:11:

> By directing people who want an XML version of the XPaths to use the -XPath
> files, then they can synthesize strings if they want strings, or get
> components of the strings if they want components.
>
> Can you mock up an example of what you would want to see in an alternative
> XML expression of the XPath files, and indicate how such an expression
> would have value-add over the raw information we already have?
>
> If the concern is "one doesn't know how to create a list of strings from
> the XML XPath files", then I'll write a stylesheet that gives an example
> that people can then modify for their own use.  Including that stylesheet
> fragment will then equip people to do things without having to start from
> scratch.
>
> I just don't (yet) see the utility of an XML file of the strings, but I'm
> willing to be convinced.

Many thanks Ken.
I trust your judgment here (of course :-)) and it looks like
pure genius when you run the xslt with the XML files and get
XPaths :-)   But:
I'm not so sure then that we should call the XML files
...-XPath
Wouldn't ...-SBS be better since they don't actually contain the xpaths?

How about we do that (or I'm willing to keep them the same name
- just thinking we might get FAQs) and include the amazing xslt
stylesheet with them and put some more about it in the index.html.

Otherwise I'm delighted that we're so close to a releasable beta
- many thanks

All the best

Steve