ubl-sbsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-sbsc] Revised candidate XPath files for SBS

>> <XPath xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:schema:XPath-1.0"
>> id="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:xpath:DespatchAdvice-1.0:sbs-1.0"
>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>> xsi:schemaLocation="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:schema:XPath-1.0 xpath.xsd">
>>
>> in the top level element, associating the instance with the schema.

> I'm not in favour of doing this ... the schema tools I use do validation
> without the presence of this, and I'm of the opinion that validation is
> something you do outside the instance, not inside the instance.

..
> So, I can change them, but I don't think we should.  What are the arguments
> for including this change?

. . . . . . . . Ken

Ken,

Greetings

I asked about this in the Atlantic TC call. Mavis of the NDR team was
present and could see nothing wrong with how we have it now
and no-one else either objected to keeping the 'schemaLocation' details
out of the instances since schema validation of these 'schema-like'
XPaths-instances would likely be a rare exception (in cases where
it is required there would likely be sufficient skill to still validate
without the 'schemaLocation' attribute within the instance).

So I agree too that we are OK leaving them out. Apologies for
delaying things with this issue but I guess it's as well to get these
things commented on internally before a more public review.

In this case then I guess we might soon be ready, after some
further changes (my action item) to index.html, for voting on this
as a submission to the TC.

Very many thanks

All the best

Steve