ubl-sbsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-sbsc] Input from Altova

At 2005-08-26 10:08 +0100, Stephen Green wrote:
>I very much agree with the comment about
>the empty instances. I would like to add a
>set of valid 'empty' instances and tend to
>think they could replace rather than supplement the completely empty
>instances.
>Do others agree/consent?

I don't necessarily agree, but I will consent.

My concern is that the values we choose for the "skeletal but valid"
instance may not be meaningful for all users, yet they may think they
are somewhat obliged to use them.

But, I don't know the semantics to know if this is a real concern or
not.  If users know they can modify any of the preset values and not
consider that they are default values then it isn't going to be a problem.

If we think that for a particular item a conscious decision should be
made for a value, then I think we should leave it invalid.

I hope this helps.

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc