ubl-sbsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl] UBL 1.0 SBS permanent absolute web location (urls)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Stephen Green wrote:

> As I'm just making minor editorial changes to the
> UBL 1.0 SBS, ready to hand it on to the TC, I realised
> that there is an unresolved matter in the need for
> permanent urls for the actual subset definitions (xpaths
> documents) - a separate url for each rather than one
> url for a zipped package. These urls should ideally be
> included in the respective business process
> definitions in the accompanying 'Universal Business
> Process 1.0' directories.
>
> Can we know at this stage whether there will be an
> OASIS-hosted permanent location for the separate
> definitions and, if so, can we be sure of what these urls
> will be?

OASIS Staff is committed to providing persistent URIs
for OASIS specifications via the OASIS Open Library
at http://docs.oasis-open.org/

See: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/chairs/200511/msg00002.html

  "We plan exclusively to use the domain "docs.oasis-open.org" for public
access to approved work product of its technical committees.  The "docs"
subdomain is in optional use today.   By 'approved', we mean all work that
has been approved under our TC Process rules as a Committee Draft, Public
Review Draft, Committee Specification or OASIS Standard.  Normative use of
this domain will simplify user and member access to the output of OASIS
TCs."

If you would like to discuss special considerations, including
judicious URI aliasing, please feel free to send email to Mary
McRae (and me) about your requiremements.

- Robin Cover
- Mary McRae: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org