ubl-sbsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-sbsc] Groups -wd2-UBL-2.0prd2-SBS-1.0-Procurement-fallback.zip uploaded

In this package there are actual schema files. Two questions:
1. are these an acceptable inclusion? - plus - there are aspects
of them way I have tried to implement the XSD which might raise
objections - the complexTypes are not the same as full UBL but are a
restriction not using XSD derivation - I have added 'SBS' to the type
names but left the Element names unchanged (not puristically OK I guess
since the namespaces have stayed the same).
2. should they be normative or should the XPaths still be normative
alone? I prefer the XPaths to be normative due to the issues in 1. above
What do others prefer here?

Another point is that I have relaxed some of the mandatory attributes
of the schema constraining the actual XPath subset definition files
(see xpaths.xsd, etc) to make them optional. That includes 'use',
'minOccurs', 'maxOccurs', etc. This is a proposal due to the fact I had
difficulty including such metadata beyond the essential presence or
absence of UBL elements and attributes in the subset extents. I'd suggest
others trying to use the same mechanism for other subsets might prefer this
too. It allows a tool to generate instances (or hand editing) with all the
appropriate subset elements and attributes then a stylesheet to convert this
to the 'Xpaths' file format to define the subset formally. Of course the
relaxing of mandatory content to optional requires the xpaths.xsd and
.rcn schema versions change to '2.0'. Is this objectionable for the latest
subset work?

The work here is all based for content on UBL 2 prd2. It would be good to
see if those in UBL with an interest in the content would like to internally
review the same at this stage, I think. Would that be OK with others?

Maybe I should wait though until we have properly generated XPaths (thanks
Ken) before submitting to the TC though. Plus I'd wait for any feedback on
the above.

Thanks Ken for feedback already on my previous comments.

All the best

Stephen Green

Quoting stephen.green@systml.co.uk: