ubl-sbsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-sbsc] Groups - wd1 UBL 1.0 SBS 2.0 (wd1-UBL-1.0-SBS-2.0-fallback.zip) uploaded

Thanks Ken for commenting on the concept of a further subset (2.0)
for UBL 1.0. I personally favour it due to difficulties converting
instances between 1.0 and 2.0 - there is a loss of data due to
limitations in both 1.0 and 2.0. I found a few changes to the UBL
1.0 SBS could greatly alleviate the problems and might help those
wishing to use the subset but unable to simple migrate to UBL 2 (it
isn't yet a standard for a start). Plus it seeks to implement requests
from JPLSC which were very reasonable in my view at least. I do accept
that this may appear a little backward looking but I feel the
obligation is ongoing to support UBL 1.0. Maybe looking at the changes
(a full set of logs is included and may make interesting reading to
compar UBL 1 and 2 anyay) will show the sensibility (or otherwise) of
this proposal. So in short, I'd still propose it. Any seconders?
The uploaded package is proof of concept but pretty much complete as
a draft, especially if full XPath files are added (mine are minimal).
Not much more work would be needed, I think, to get it completed if
there is sufficient consent. It could perhaps be proposed to the TC and
taken from there.

The naming (2.0) is due to loss of backwards compatibility with SBS 1.0.

All the best

Steve

Quoting stephen.green@systml.co.uk: