ubl-sbsc message

Subject: Status of UBL SBSC work and membership roster

Fellow UBL Small Business Subcommittee Members,

Having addressed this to the subcommittee maillist, you must be on
the roster.  Please use your OASIS membership password to access the
roster file here:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl-sbsc/members/roster.php

You will note that there are no voting members and the only members
with votes at this time are the two co-chairs, Gruffudd Williams and
myself, and our secretary Jon.

Gruff and I have been working towards restarting SBSC discussions and
have prepared material for next week in Manhattan based on Gruff's
efforts.  I'll be announcing that to this subcommittee list later
today, but for this message I want to focus on the membership.

Would all recipients please review their status in the roster and
engage any changes you feel would reflect your continued interest in
this work?

  (1) If you are a member and no longer wish to be, then let me know.

  (2) If you are an observer and you wish to be a member, then let me know.

  (3) If you no longer want to be on the subcommittee, I can fix that as well.

Please note that membership in a subcommittee requires membership in
the technical committee first because of intellectual property
issues.  To check your TC status (as I will do) in the technical
committee, please use your OASIS membership to visit:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php

To change your TC status from Observer to Member you answer the IPR
issues that are triggered by the web interface by clicking the "Join
This TC" button on the UBL home page:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl

I'll be in Manhattan next week and as part of the opening plenary I
will be presenting the status of the SBSC.  I'll write up a very
short summary of bullets and post it later today after posting the
work Gruff and I have done.

If you know someone who might be interested in the work of the UBL
Small Business Subcommittee, please tell them about us.

Thanks!

--
Upcoming hands-on training(Europe 2007): XSL-FO Jun 11; UBL Oct 01
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc