ubl-security message

Subject: Re: New draft for the UBL XAdES profile

Ken,
Today very late or tomorrow I'll post a new version of the profile that takes into account what agreed with Oriol and some refinement discussed separately with Roberto: if you want to wait for it it's possibly better as it would take less time to have the full picture.

All,
Considering the request to allow the basic XMLDsig on one hand and the fact that, to better guarantee the interoperability we need to be strict (and in this case restricting to XAdES becomes a requirement) I'm using the concept of "compatible implementation" and "conformant implementation". The former is more open to accept requirement not covered by the profile and allow more flexiblilty, with the requirement to identify the signature method (in cac:Signature) with an user defined URI; the latter, that guarantee the best possible interoperability, mandate the use of XAdES and the URI specified in the profile.
Is this acceptable?
I'll need some help on the xpath, as the XMLDsig processing is a bit tricky, I already agreed with Juan Carlos to have some input here.

Andrea