ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [ubl-security] New draft (UBL-XAdES-Profile 1.0-20100321)

Hi Andrea,

We have been working with the document in CODICE and there are some issues that I've tried to arise in the release I am currently attaching to this document.

1) When using enveloped signature, it is not mandatory using a cac:Signature element. You can optionally provide for it, but you are not mandated to do so. This means that you will be able to sign with this profile any kind of UBL document, despite the fact modellers added this structure to the document model. I mean that one thing is the data model of the document, and another thing are the legal provisions that require a signature to be placed there. That's why I recommend to change MUST for MAY when talking about enveloped signataure and cac:Signature element.

2) I think there are some mistakes, talking about enveloping instead of enveloped signatures during the document.

3) I haven't added nothing about this yet, but there is a requirement for unsigned data, a placeholder where people can add stuff after having signed the document. I'll come back to you with this issue later on.

I've made some modifications in the document according to the first two points. I 'd like to get feedback from the other security subgroup members.

Thank you
Oriol

UBL-XAdES-Profile 1.0-20100321-ob.doc