ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [ubl-security] Draft 07 of UBL security profiles and proposed PRD2 UBL 2.1 doc, schemas and examples

Fellow UBL Security SC members,

Today I augmented my free UBL signing application to include an
externally supplied <ds:Object> element such as one created to
conform to XAdES V1.4.1.  It is the responsibility of the user to
create such a <ds:Object> with what they need in the XAdES extension
to the XML Digital Signature.  Having created the extension as a
separate file, it is seeded with signals telling my software which
pieces of the extension are signed:

    http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#digsig

Now that I've created some XAdES test signatures, I realized because
of the new schema validation strategy of "lax" instead of "strict"
that I can include the two XAdES schema fragments (versions 1.3.2 and
1.4.1) in the UBL distribution.  The "lax" validation means that if a
particular user community is *not* using XAdES, there isn't a
problem.  If the *are* using XAdES, then their use of XAdES will be validated.

I've made the schema changes locally and I'm proposing today that the
schemas I send to Jon for packaging PRD2 include the XAdES fragments.

Please let me know if you can think of any problems with this so we
can discuss if I should revert to an agnostic XML digital signature
extension object.  Otherwise, I'll put them in the next distribution
and we'll see what our users feel.

Thanks!

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training